PA NATIONAL QUILT EXTRAVAGANZA
Thursday-Sunday, September 18-21
It's so nice to have such a fabulous quilt show right in our own back yard! Once again this year we'll be vending for Brother at the quilt show at Oaks, and we'll be bringing lots of fun machines for you to try. We'll have some awesome quilt show specials, so be sure to stop in at BOOTH 601. And don't forget, we also carry Bernina, BabyLock and HandiQuilter!
SO MANY TECHNIQUES, SEW LITTLE TIME!
Tuesday, October 7 - 7pm or Wednesday, October 8 - 10am - $25 (Free to Byrne's Bees!!!)
Karen Montgomery wants to help you clean up your scraps! As a designer for Creative Grids Rulers, Karen looks for ways to help you become a better quilter. Her Scrap Crazy Template Sets have become best sellers worldwide. She is an expert in helping you turn your leftovers into beautiful quilts. Join us to see how Karen organizes, stores and works with scrap fabrics to make award-winning quilts. As an added bonus she will also demonstrate her favorite Creative Grids Rulers and show you how to go from cutting your pieces to beautiful bindings with perfect miters. This presentation is packed with tips and techniques no matter what your skill level.
THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST FROM BABYLOCK!***
Tuesday, October 14 - 1-7pm or Wednesday, October 15 - 10-4pm - $15*** (includes lunch, kit and free gifts!)
We were blown away at the BabyLock seminar this summer and we want to share with you some of the magic! We've invited Cathy Brown to show you just what we mean. Join us for a day of show 'n tell, demos and a small make 'n take project to show you how much fun sewing can be. Lunch, snacks and lots of free gifts and give-aways, too! Join us for a fun day and get to play with the Best and Brightest machines from BabyLock!
FLORIANI QUILTING AND EMBROIDERY BASICS TOUR***
Friday, October 24 or 25 - 10-4:30pm $29.95***
Novice, intermediate, or master, whatever your skill level ... we will teach you how to combine threads and fabrics in a new and exciting way! No more ruined garments, puckered embroideries or off-center designs. Anyone can create beautiful embroidery with the right techniques and secrets!
- Learn How to Properly Use ALL Stabilizers!
- Choose the Correct Stabilizer For Every Project!
- Find Out What Makes Floriani Software Unique & Easy To USE!
Register now for ONLY $29.95*** and receive a FREE GIFT from Floriani and Byrne valued at over $199.00 during the event!
MR BERNINA COMES TO BYRNE!
Tuesday, November 4 - 2-4pm
Hanspeter Ueltschi, the fourth generation Swiss owner of Bernina is kind of a rock star in the home sewing industry. And so, we're really excited that he'll be stopping by. Just like in Hanspeter's family, Bernina gets in your blood, and machines and the love of Bernina is passed down from one generation to the next. So, please mark your calendar and stop by to meet Hanspeter and see some of the genius that is Bernina. And, he'll be happy to autograph your machine! Don’t have a Bernina... We can certainly help you there!
FALL FABRIC FRENZY SHOP HOP
Friday, November 7 - Monday, November 10
An annual fall tradition! Grab a friend or two and your car keys and hop on down. Our shops are all close enough to be done in a couple of days of leisurely checking out the latest quilting fun. Great prizes and another new shop this year! Is there a new machine in your future?!! Stop in to pick up your $5 passport and free surprise and get all the details! More info here: http://fallfabricfrenzy.com/
OWN YOUR OWN QUILTING!***
Your creativity no longer ends once you have the top pieced! HandiQuilter is one of the hottest machines on the market today. Designed for those of you who want to take your machine quilting to a new level... Join us to see what all the hoopla is about...We'll show you what it can do and how it can change your whole quilting frame of reference. You CAN do it all now, and you'll be amazed at how much fun this makes the actual quilting. Diane Henry joins us with brand new programs for you mid/long-armers out there...as well as those of you who have given owning one even half a thought. Now long arm quilting is available to everyone, so come see what it's all about! Let us show you how amazing you can be! Each class $50*** or...All six classes for $225!!!*** And...lunch is on us between your classes!
Friday, November 7:
- 10-1pm - Sixteen Tips for Sweet Success - Do you dream of quilting your own amazing quilt tops, but don't have space for a longarm? Are you working on your home sewing machine, but frustrated with the space and possibly uneven stitches??? Come see how the HQ Sweet Sixteen® makes these difficulties evaporate, and discover handy tools for finishing quilts - large or small - with ease, making it "your" quilt from start to finish! Welcome to the world of the "Amazing!"
- 2-5pm - Rule Your Quilt! - If you are hesitant about using rulers, you will love them after this class. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely and properly with the ruler base; as well as how to work with rulers to achieve amazing designs such as straight line quilting, fast continuous-curve method, right angles and echo quilting, crosshatching, piano keys and borders.
Saturday, November 8:
- 10-1pm - The Fun of Owning a Longarm Machine for You or Your Business - Do you want a faster way to finish quilts, but not sure if a longarm is for you? This overview of Handi Quilter longarm systems covers the basics and takes the mystery out of longarm quilting. User-friendly and designed by a quilter, for quilters, Handi Quilter longarm machines make finishing quilts fun and easy. And no more basting quilts!
- 2-5pm - Block Party: Quilting Block of the Month Quilts - You'll be inspired as you discover how to select quilting designs to compliment blocks and multiple ways to quilt them. We'll talk about quilting a block-of-the-month quilt, selecting designs to highlight both piecing and quilting, continuous-line designs for blocks and borders, using rulers to finish blocks and different ways to quilt the same block.
Sunday, November 9:
- 10-1pm - Let the Longarm Quilt for you! Intro to HQ Pro-Stitcher - HQ Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. You do not have to be a techie to use the step-by-step functions, designed by quilters just like you. Whether you're considering a quilting business or simply want to finish your own quilts, come see what elegant and precise quilting is possible with HQ Pro-Stitcher. Skills Featured: overview of basic features and menu; working with built-in designs; resizing and repeating a design to fit a specific area; importing, saving and customizing designs and cropping and nesting edge-to-edge designs.
- 2-5pm - Want to Know More? - HQ Pro Stitcher Beyond the Basics - If you have mastered the basic functions of HQ Pro-Stitcher, come learn additional applications for even more fun. Explore digitizing designs with the Art & Stitch program included with HQ Pro-Stitcher, and tips to expand your quilting capabilities. Skills Featured: placing borders, corners and triangles; resizing and skewing patterns to fit your quilts; tips and tricks for digitizing designs; converting embroidery designs to quilting designs and solving issues that commonly arise.
ALL THINGS BERNINA***
Friday, November 21 - 1-7pm and Saturday, November 22 - 10-4pm - Elaine Cibilli - $15*** (Includes food, kit and free gifts!!!
Bernina wants to celebrate our anniversary as a Bernina dealer! They have come up with a fabulous package of Special Prices, Cash Back and all kinds of extras... and we're passing it all along to you! Come see these amazing machines, and get to play with them, too! We'll have lots of ideas and inspiration and a fun sit-n-sew project to let you really test drive these lovelies. And of course, food, fun and free gifts!!!
AND OUR ROW BY ROW WINNER IS...
The is the winner of the fat quarter collection (and extra surprise for using our row!) is... Linda Curry!!! Don't you love her quilt?
SAVE THE DATE...
April 10th & 11th - Anita Good returns!!! Stay tuned!
April 23-25 - Paula Reid!!! Quilter Extraordinaire! An all-time favorite!
Details to follow!
*** Event is half price for Byrne's Creative Bees members! See here for details.